Your safety is our top priority.
While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety and wellbeing has remained that same.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Alameda County Department of Public Health. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings of guidance that may be issued.
We have made improvements to the office in order to better protect our patients and staff.
We have added VIDASHIELD to each of our treatment rooms. VIDASHIELD is a Fast, Continuous, UV-C Air Purification System that kills bacteria and removes particles, purifying the air four times per hour. (The UV light is covered, so you are not exposed to it.). It combines an ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) chamber and air circulating fans with an overhead ceiling light. Please watch the YouTube VIDASHIELD Product Video. We are excited about adding this impressive technology to our practice for your protection and wellbeing.
You will also notice the following PROTOCOLS.
- Prior to your appointment, you will be texted or emailed a screening questionnaire that we ask you to fill out prior to your arrival. We ask that you please come to our office at your scheduled appointment time and please enter through the back lobby door. You will check in on your device and be screened prior to entering our office.
- A staff member will check you in, ask your questionnaire, take your temperature, apply hand sanitizer and escort you to your treatment room where you will be given a 30 second mouth rinse. If X-rays are required, you will have them taken prior to going to your treatment room. SINCE WE ARE A HEALTHCARE OFFICE, WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE CONTINUE TO WEAR A MASK EXCEPT WHILE HAVING YOUR DENTAL CARE.
- You will notice physical changes to our office as well. Plexiglass barriers have been installed in the front office. Magazines and children's toys have been removed because they are difficult to clean. You are welcomed to use our guest Wi-Fi for your devices. (DrHeidi's Guest Wi-Fi). (Password: pearlywhites)
- You will notice our staff wearing more PPE (personal protective equipment) including gowns, gloves, goggles, masks and face shields.
- OUR STAFF IS FULLY VACCINATED.
- Appointments may be managed to allow for more social distancing between patients. We are also allowing extra time between patients to disinfect and sanitize the treatment room. We ask for your continued patience as you may be offered fewer scheduling options.
- After your treatment, we will have you rinse again and don your mask prior to leaving our office.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time of keeping everyone safe.
We are happy to answer any questions you have about the steps we are taking to keep every patient and staff member safe.
We look forward to seeing you soon!